One of the first things people do when they obtain a new pair of earbuds is connect them to a device. The sooner you do it, the sooner you can put your new purchases to use. You’ve received your Skullcandy Jib wireless earbuds and are wondering how to pair them with your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
If you’re not familiar with the process, pairing Skullcandy wireless headphones can be difficult. We’ll show you how to pair Skullcandy JIB wireless earbuds with Bluetooth devices in this article.
Things to Know Before Pairing
Follow these easy rules to ensure that the matching goes as planned:
- If at all possible, make sure your wireless earphones are fully charged.
- You can try connecting the devices without turning off and on the earbuds. However, if you did so, your odds of success would increase.
- In general, the device you want to connect to the earbuds should be as close as possible to the earphones.
- The Jib Wireless headphones from Skullcandy will only be compatible with one item at a time. You can connect the headphones to another device after they have been reset.
- You’ll have roughly 5 minutes to connect the devices after turning on Bluetooth. If you wait any longer, one of the devices may fail to locate the other.
Why Is My Jib Wireless Not Connecting?
Here are several possible causes for the Jib Wireless’ inability to connect.
- The earbuds may occasionally become associated with another Bluetooth device nearby. Look through the list of Bluetooth devices to find the “intruder.” Any other devices should be unpaired from the phone or laptop.
- Have your Skullcandy Jib Wireless earphones been fully charged?
- If they don’t, their CPU may not function properly, which could explain why they’re having problems pairing.
- You might try removing the earbuds from the phone’s list of connected devices (or laptop). Simply select “unpair” from the information icon. After that, you can try reconnecting the two devices.
- Turning off your Wi-Fi might sometimes be beneficial. Bluetooth uses the 2.4GHz radio frequency to send signals. It may be difficult to couple devices if your Wi-Fi uses the same range.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi, then couple the devices before turning it back on.
- Microwaves and certain materials, such as plaster, can also disrupt Bluetooth communications. Simply relocate the gadgets to a different room or even outside and attempt to connect them there.
pair skullcandy jib wireless earbuds
Pair Skullcandy JIB True Wireless Earbuds
When you acquire a new gadget or Bluetooth attachment, you are always excited. Even if you’ve never used a smartphone or wireless headphones before, there’s an element of anticipation when you do. The Jib Wireless Earbuds are even more thrilling than previous models since they are Skullcandy’s first fully wireless headphones.
Simple instructions for connecting any Bluetooth device to your JIB True Wireless headphones are provided below.
Turning on the JIB True Wireless Earbuds is the first step.
Before they may be associated with another Bluetooth device, the JIB True Wireless Earbuds must be switched on. They’ll be fueled up and ready to go as soon as you remove them from the charging case! If you’re having difficulties turning on your earbuds, make sure they’re charged and that you’re following the instructions correctly.
Pairing Mode is the second step.
To ensure that your JIB True Wireless Earbuds are in pairing mode, place them in the charging case without closing it. When you remove the case from the earbuds, the blue light on each one flashes, synchronizing them. They can be linked to a Bluetooth device by putting them in pairing mode.
Connecting to a Bluetooth Device (Step 3)
When the two buds were joined, the left bud began to flicker red and blue, and the voice “Pairing” could be heard. At this point, the headphones can be connected to any Bluetooth-enabled device.
How to pair Skullcandy JIB wireless earbuds to iPhone/iPad
To link the JIB Wireless Earbuds with an iPhone or iPad, use the same steps as you would for any other Bluetooth device. Make sure your phone and earbuds are both turned on and in “pairing” mode. To begin pairing the earbuds, follow the instructions outlined above.
- Now, on both the iPhone and the iPad, switch on Bluetooth.
- Look for “JIB True” in the list of devices under Settings, then Bluetooth.
- Select “JIB True” from the drop-down menu.
- If your screen prompts you, select “OK” or “Pair.”
- When the connection is formed, you will hear the word “Completed.”
You can listen to music, watch movies, or converse on the phone now that your JIB true earbuds are connected to your iPhone or iPad.
How to pair Skullcandy JIB wireless earbuds to Android Phone
The method is slightly different if you have an Android phone and wish to pair your JIB Wireless Earbuds with it. Make sure your phone and earbuds are both turned on and in “pairing” mode. Follow the above instructions to connect your earphones.
- Open the top-left scroll bar.
- Click the Bluetooth icon to turn it on.
- Go to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth at this point.
- In the Bluetooth menu, look for “JIB True.”
- To make the “JIB True” earbuds function together, tap them together.
- “Connected,” you’ll hear someone say.
How to pair Skullcandy JIB wireless earbuds to a Laptop or PC
Connecting your JIB Wireless Earbuds to a laptop or PC follows the same steps as connecting any other Bluetooth device. Check that your computer’s Bluetooth is turned on and in pairing mode, as well as that your computer and earphones are both turned on and in pairing mode. To connect your earbuds to your computer, follow these steps:
- Look for the Bluetooth icon in the system tray or otherwise menu bar and click it to launch the Bluetooth settings.
- Click “Pair” after finding your “JIB True” earphones in the “Available Devices” list under “Devices.”
- To conclude pairing, simply follow the directions on the screen.
- The voice will say “Connected” whenever the connection is established.
You can effortlessly listen to music, watch movies, and converse on the phone now that your JIB True Earbuds are connected to your computer.
How Can I Use My Skullcandy Jib Wireless Headphones in Solo Mode?
Jib Skullcandy Wireless earphones can be used independently or in conjunction with a device (in solo mode). If you have a Bluetooth device, you can pair it with up to two earbuds or only one.
To utilize one of the earbuds, follow the steps outlined above to connect the earbuds to the primary device. After a successful pairing, one of your earbuds should be returned to the case. Another in your ear, unlike many other earbuds on the market, will stay connected to the smartphone and perform effectively.
Because of the nature of this feature, the utility of your earphones is determined by which one you use. You can only increase the volume if you’re wearing the appropriate earpiece at the time.
How to reset Skullcandy JIB Wireless Earbuds
If you’re having problems with your Skullcandy JIB Wireless Earbuds, try resetting them. To do so, follow these simple instructions:
- To begin, remove the earbuds from the device with which you paired them.
- To switch off both earphones, press and hold the main button for 4 seconds.
- Hold down the main button for 10 seconds after turning it off, until the red light begins to flash.
- To finish the reset, reinstall them in their holders.
- Your earbuds have now been properly reset.
You can now try connecting them to a new Bluetooth device once more.
We discussed how to make Skullcandy Jib wireless earbuds work together in this post. Each phone or computer is a little different, but in general, you need to switch on your headphones, set them in Bluetooth pairing mode, and then connect them to Bluetooth-enabled devices.
You should be able to connect them and enjoy your music, movies, and phone conversations if you properly follow these procedures. If you’re having problems, try turning the earbuds off and on again.
pair skullcandy jib wireless earbuds
There is a way to turn off your JIB earbuds without having to remove them from their case. Simply hold down the main button for 4 seconds to switch off each bud.
JIB earphones can play music for roughly 22 hours when fully charged.
No, you can’t use the earbuds while they’re charging. You must wait till they are fully charged before using them again.
It’s in pairing mode if it flashes red and blue and needs to connect to your device. This could be caused by holding down the power button for an extra second after turning on the computer.