JBL headphones come in a variety of styles. The majority of JBL headphones, however, are wireless. They can use Bluetooth to connect to other devices. There are two ways to plug in some JBL headphones.
They can be connected to a device using an aux cable. However, the best way to do so is to use Bluetooth to connect the headphones wirelessly.
Because this link is adaptable and simple to utilize. We’ll walk you through how to connect your JBL headphones to your iPhone, iPad, computer, tablet, laptop, TV, Apple Watch, Chromebook, or MacBook in this article.
Then, one by one, we’ll connect your JBL headphones to each of these devices.
How to Turn ON Pairing Mode on Your JBL Headphones
To begin, turn on the JBL headphones by pressing the power button. When the headsets are turned on, the LED indicator will light up. The majority of JBL headphones have a dedicated Bluetooth button. By pressing this button, you can put your JBL headphones into pairing mode.
When it’s ready to connect, it features a blue LED light that blinks. The LED light becomes blue when the gadget is connected and stays that way for a long period. If you have JBL Bluetooth earbuds, you may notice that they lack a dedicated Bluetooth button. However, between the up and down volume buttons, they contain a third button.
Press and hold this button for a few seconds to put your JBL headphones in pairing mode. The same pairing process can be used to connect any Bluetooth device.
However, each device to which you want to connect your JBL headphones requires a different pairing technique.
To An Android Device
It’s simple to pair your Bluetooth JBL headphones with your Android phone.
Simply follow the instructions below:
- Press the power button to turn on your headphones. You can also take them out of the box and charge them.
- Switch the headset to Bluetooth mode.
- Go to “Menu” and select “Bluetooth” from the drop-down menu.
- You should now get a list of all the devices that are within your wireless signal’s range.
- Here’s where you’ll find the name of your headphones’ model.
- The headphones will connect to the device you select when you tap on it.
- To link the two devices, enter the password. The majority of factory codes begin with 0000. If you believe this code is incorrect, you should consult the user’s manual.
- The light on the headphones will flash if you’ve done everything correctly. The term “Connected” or a connection symbol will then appear on your screen.
- Examine the JBL headphones to determine if they work.
JBL headphones are simple to connect to an Android phone.
Read: if you want to know how headphone works
Connecting To An iOS Device
Connecting your JBL headphones to an iPhone or iPad is simple. The headphones must be within 33 feet of an iPhone or iPad to work.
Both of these operate in the same way and have comparable menus. So, to connect your JBL headphones to your iPhone or iPad, follow the steps below.
To turn on your JBL headphones, first press the power button for around 2 seconds. After then, the blue LED light next to the power button would blink.
If it doesn’t, you’ll have to manually turn on your JBL headphones. To change the volume, press the button halfway between the up and down buttons. You can let go of it when the blue LED blinks. You may now link your JBL headphones with your phone by turning them on in one of two ways.
- Now go to the “Settings” section on your iPhone or iPad. Go to the Bluetooth settings.
- Turn on the Bluetooth and search for nearby devices.
- In the list, you’ll see the model number of your JBL headphones. Simply select the JBL headphones you want to use by tapping on their name.
- Then enter your JBL headphones’ passcode, which is either “0000” or described in the user handbook.
- “Connected” will appear on the screen of your iPhone or iPad within a few seconds.
- Your JBL headphones are now connected to your iPhone or iPad. You can now converse on the phone while wearing your JBL headphones.
- If you want to use the JBL headphones to listen to music from your iPhone or iPad, you’ll need to take another step.
- On your iPhone or iPad’s screen, tap the “Airplay” icon. It will launch the music app. If you select a song, it will be played through your JBL Bluetooth headphones.
- It’s as simple as turning off your JBL headphones to disconnect them. You don’t have to repeat the pairing process every time.
The headphones will automatically connect to your iPhone and access your music library as long as your iPhone is turned on.
To Laptop or Macbook
The process for turning on Bluetooth on a laptop or MacBook differs slightly from that on an iOS or Android device. They differ in ways that have less to do with how the earphones are connected and more to do with how they work. We’ll go over each one separately to avoid any misunderstandings and make the directions as clear and simple as possible.
- In the top left corner of your Macbook’s screen, click the Apple icon.
- A selection of options will appear when you click on “System Preferences.”
- This one will show you what options are available to you. In the third row, there is a Bluetooth icon.
- Click the icon to use Bluetooth. The Bluetooth menu will appear in the following window.
- Turn on the Bluetooth device. Also check “Show Bluetooth in the menu bar.”
- Now, press the “Bluetooth” button on your JBL headphones.
- Your JBL headphones will appear on the Macbook, and you can pair them by pressing the “Connect” button.
- Your JBL headphones will function with your Macbook right immediately.
- On your Windows laptop, right-click the symbol in the lower left corner. A tab labeled “Settings” will appear. Select it by clicking on it.
- Then, navigate to the “Devices” settings. It will present you with a list of options. Select “Bluetooth and other devices” from the drop-down menu.
- When you turn on Bluetooth, the same button will glow blue.
- Then, in the upper right corner, tap the “+” sign that says “Add a Bluetooth or other device.”
- It will present you with three or more options. Select “Bluetooth” from the drop-down menu.
- Turn on your JBL headphones by pressing the power button. Then press and hold the Bluetooth button to begin pairing. The headphones can now be found.
- Pairing is already enabled on your machine. You’ll be able to locate your JBL headphones. Select the correct model number from the list displayed on your laptop’s screen.
- The pairing process will begin, and “Connected” will show on the laptop screen after a short time. Tap the “Done” button to complete the process.
Connect JBL Headphones to A TV
JBL produces the greatest headphones. They provide you more alternatives and can even be connected to your television. As a result, you can listen to TV sound with your JBL headphones.
However, in order for the JBL headphones to work, your TV must have Bluetooth built in. Your JBL headphones, on the other hand, can connect to a smart TV that lacks Bluetooth.
However, you’ll need adapters to do so. This post explains how to connect your TV and JBL headphones in both directions.
- Connecting the JBL Headphones to a TV with Bluetooth built-in
- It will be simple to connect the headphones if the TV has Bluetooth built in. Bluetooth is included into most Fire TVs and Android TVs. Simply follow the instructions below;Turn on the Bluetooth pairing mode on your JBL headphones. A Bluetooth button is found on the majority of JBL Bluetooth headphones. However, the JBL headphones may not have a separate Bluetooth button.
- You can really put them in pairing mode by holding down the middle button for five seconds.
- When each model is paired, an LED light illuminates. The device blinks blue when it is in Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Currently, open the menu on your smart TV’s screen. Go to the settings menu and then to the “Bluetooth” section.
- Look for Bluetooth devices in the vicinity. The model of JBL headphones you have will be displayed in the list.
- Select your JBL headphones using the television. The two devices will link in a matter of seconds.
- To control the volume, you can use either your TV or your headphones.Connect the JBL headphones to a TV that isn’t equipped with Bluetooth.
- This will necessitate the use of a Bluetooth Audio Adapter. This device allows you to connect your JBL headphones to a TV without built-in Bluetooth.
Not only JBL headphones, but also headphones from other brands, may be connected to your TV with this adapter. It implies you can use your TV to connect to two devices at the same time.
Here’s how to connect your JBL headphones to your television:
- Connect the Bluetooth Adapter to the TV and the power source.
- Put your JBL headphones as well as your Bluetooth adaptor in pairing mode.
- The two devices will join after a short time. When you pair the Adapter with your JBL headphones, it will instantly connect to the TV.
- The Bluetooth Adapter is, indeed, the link between the TV and the headphones.
Pairing To A Smartwatch
The wristwatch, like a smartphone, has a slew of high-tech features. This is a fantastic watch that can be used with JBL headphones.
Let’s look at how it functions:
- To begin, switch the headphones to Bluetooth mode.
- Go to the Apple Watch’s settings.
- Scroll down to find the Bluetooth settings.
- Tap it to see what devices are compatible with it.
- Choose the JBL headphones that are right for you.
- It will connect to your smartwatch in a matter of seconds.
Pair JBL Headphones to A Computer
Bluetooth can be used to link most desktop PCs to other devices. You can use the same method to link this PC to the JBL headphones as you did with your laptop.
However, some older computers lack Bluetooth functionality. However, you can still use this method to connect your JBL headphones to a computer.
Tell us how to connect your JBL headphones to your computer wirelessly.
Take a Bluetooth adaptor with you. It’s a little plug that you may connect to your computer with. It’s advisable to utilize a Bluetooth 5.0 adaptor for stable pairing and decent sound quality.
You can also do this with a Bluetooth 4.0 adaptor. However, you should never purchase a low-cost adaptor. Always invest in a nice one.
- Connect the Bluetooth adapter to the USB port on your computer.
- The computer will recognize the device automatically. In the bottom right corner of your computer screen, you’ll see the Bluetooth icon.
- You’ll get a selection of options when you click the Bluetooth icon. To add or show Bluetooth devices, tap “Add a Bluetooth device” or “Show Bluetooth devices.”
- The Bluetooth menu will appear on the PC screen.
- Turn your JBL headphones’ pairing mode on. It will appear in the list on your PC.
- Select the JBL headphones you desire. It will work in a matter of minutes.
Pairing the JBL Headphones to a Chromebook
A Chromebook is an intelligent computer that performs admirably. You can use it for a variety of purposes. It’s very similar to a laptop. It is compatible with JBL headphones.
Do the following;
- Turn on the Bluetooth pairing mode on your JBL headphones.
- Now, move your cursor to the bottom right corner of your Chromebook’s display.
- Here’s where you’ll want to tap the battery symbol. It will bring up a small menu with Bluetooth information.
- If the Bluetooth is actually turned off, you can activate it by tapping.
- At this time, your Chromebook will begin scanning all nearby devices. Choose your favorite JBL headphones.
- In a new pop-up window, it will say “Connecting to JBL headphones.”
- The Chromebook will emit a sound after a few seconds to let you know it worked.
How to Disconnect JBL Headphones from A Paired Bluetooth Device
When you turn on your JBL headphones after pairing them with a Bluetooth device, they instantly connect. As a result, you won’t have to repeat the pairing procedure.
However, you may wish to disconnect your JBL headphones from one device and link them with another Bluetooth device.
In this instance, the JBL headphones will need to be reset. Everything that was paired will be forgotten. By repeating the pairing process, you can connect your JBL headphones to something else.
To reset your JBL headphones, follow these steps:
- To turn on your headphones, press the power button.
- Now press and hold both the “Volume Down” and “Volume Up” keys for at least 5 seconds.
- You can let go of the buttons once the gadget has shut down.
- This will turn on again after a while, with a “powering on” and “pinging” sound.
Your JBL headphones are still in the same condition as when they were first opened. It has been disconnected from all Bluetooth devices with which it had been associated. You can link it to any other device by following the procedures in this tutorial.
This guide covers all you need to know about using your JBL headphones with various devices. The pairing process is presented at the beginning of the article.
While the instructions for each device are supplied separately. So, after reading this guide, you’ll be able to connect your JBL headphones to your iPhone, iPad, PC, tablet, laptop, television, Apple Watch, Chromebook, and Macbook.
Your JBL headphones can play music from your devices. The volume of the headphones can be adjusted by the device that is associated with them or by the headphones themselves.
For 20 seconds, hold down the up – and – down buttons on the right earcup at the same time. It’s time to let go of the buttons. A reset sound will be heard once your JBL headphones have been reset.
Remove both JBL Free Xs from the charging case and position them upright. Both the white and blue lights will flash at the same time if you hold down the buttons on both headphones for more than five seconds. You can connect to your phone over Bluetooth by searching for “JBL Free X” on your phone.
To reset your Android phone’s Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and mobile settings, go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset Options. If you have an iOS or iPadOS device, you must first unpair all of them by tapping the info icon and then “Forget This Device” on each one, before restarting your phone.
To begin, remove your JBL headphones from your phone or computer and press “Forget.” To turn the headphones on, hit the power button. Now press and hold both “Volume” buttons for 20 seconds or until the reset tone is heard.
One of the most well-known audio companies is JBL. Its sound systems are used in many concert halls and other professional settings. Harman and JBL collaborate on projects. Their headphones are worth buying because of their inexpensive prices, outstanding quality, and high performance.